Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Slippery Slope & Random Thoughts

I'm not gonna lie.

I totally fell off the "wagon" this week.

In eating.

In exercising, or the lack thereof (well, INTENTIONAL exercising- I don't count daily motherhood).

In budgeting. I feel like we spent a ton (although it was all my birthday money, so not a whole lot out of the actual budget, I just feel like I fell off that wagon because I'm not used to having mad money to just go play with and spend on myself! But it was sure FUN!).

In scripture reading.

Between fun guests, my birthday, and The Hubs having two tests, it was brutal on all aspects of my efforts.


And I'm still feeling like I'm trying to gather myself back together from the crazy fun chaos of it all.


So forgive me if my thoughts are all over this post-

I feel like I'm right at the top of that slippery slope, and my response to how I'm feeling right now could either push me down faster than I realize to the very bottom so that I have to start over and fight my way back to progress again, or if I respond another way I could push through, dig in my heals harder, double my efforts, and hopefully make it over the hardest part of this all and come out on the better end of the struggle where it'll all be "down hill."

But I think I need to cut myself a LITTLE slack, in the sense that as a student wife, when The Hubs is getting tested in SCHOOL, I feel like I'm getting tested at HOME. Because a test is code for: late nights at school for him, which is late nights alone for me, which means putting the kids to bed myself, cleaning up dinner myself, handling home administrative stuff myself, etc. Which I'm not complaining about, but it always takes some time (at least it does for this newbie) to recover from that. But he did AWESOME on his tests, which I am SOOOO proud of him for. He really is doing an amazing job.

I also apologize for totally flaking on my daily talk post, I haven't had time to even THINK about listening to anything new in the evenings! Which I guess isn't a bad thing, but I have been listening to some great talks and articles from the Ensign when I get ready for the day, which I'll put a link to on my left sidebar.  I don't always have the time to sit and physically read the Ensign, but I sure can handle listening. Pure genius.

So the goals for this week are:
1. No more garbage food!
-Soda=Ugh. It sure tastes great, but boy howdy did I feel nasty after
-No more sneaking birthday cake- THROW IT OUT!
2. Run at LEAST 3 times this week, and P90X (or SOMETHING) at least twice.
3. Get up early (or at least at the same time as The Hubs) for morning scripture study.



I CAN DO THIS!!! 

This is me, digging in my cleats, and trying harder.

I'm so discouraged I could cry right now, but I WILL make it happen, and one day I'll LOVE it all!

How was your week?

2 comments:

  1. Just remember you can't change the past, so even if yesterday was a "failure" quit dwelling on it, that doesn't mean today has to be. It's something I always have to remind myself, just because I didn't read my scriptures yesterday, doesn't mean I won't today. You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how aligned our (yours and mine) goals in life are right now. I seriously could have written this post myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails