Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dear World, I'm M.I.A.

Sorry for being so absent this week! For those of you following, and who are interested in knowing:

Saturday while grocery shopping, The Hubs took Mr. G out of Wal-Mart for being cranky and I continued my trip. Apparently Mr. G decided to straighten up just before getting to the doors and they decided to get their own shopping cart and I (thinking they were out in the car) ran into them in another isle, talking with another couple.

Come to find out the husband in this couple, we'll call him K-Slice was in The Hubs' freshman ward/building back in the day at BYU. They had just gotten into town to start Pharmacy school that Monday (which was a totally last minute diversion from their original plan, so they hadn't had a chance to properly prepared things ahead) and their housing situation wasn't working so smoothly. They ended up hopping from temp location to temp location (hotels, time shares, etc.) and were essentially homeless. So I instantly knew we HAD to take them in! So they've been here since Sunday and are finally getting things solidified for housing and leaving today.

I'm not gonna lie- I'm a tad bit sad that they're leaving me ;-( My new 'fav., Mrs. K-Slice is FANTASTIC and we enjoy staying in our pj's all day while we tend to the collective 4 kiddos (their two ooey-gooey scrumptiously cute, and my equally scrumptious two) and try and get some housing taken care of for them while our hubbies are both at school all day. Good thing the Lord let us cross paths when we both needed the help- I needed a good gal pal to talk to, and they needed a place to say. I would say it worked out quite nicely!

Besides, how could you resist this?

And I just want you to know, Dear World, I can serve. And I can enjoy it. 

And so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails