Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

And then there's life.

So I've come to a (further) understanding-

Life is busy.

And sometimes caring for my family is going to come ahead of exercise (because it's something that I currently view as "extra").

And you know what, that's ok!

At the end of the day, I'm exhausted. Having only sat down for a "rest" for MAYBE 15 minutes all day while folding some laundry.

YES exercise is necessary and important.

But so is making sure there's a good meal on the table and my children are cared for.

YES I will make it to my goal!

But maybe not by next month.

And that's ok. Because it's not like I'm sitting sedentary doing nothing all day long.

I have a life.

And currently that life involves tens of trips up and down stairs. And carrying heavy children. And yard work. And hauling heavy baskets up and down said stairs, etc. And that's work!

And I love it.

However, I'm currently in the process of evaluating how I can make some wiggle room into my day for some "alone time" exercise. I'm thinking I'll multi-task and listen to my scriptures on the iPod while I run.

Any ideas other than waking up at 3am?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails