Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rubber Bands and Kleenexes

So I officially hit the lowest weight since I can remember. Jr. High maybe?

I stepped on the scale and saw 115. WOO!

Except the only reason I got there was because I was sick. Puking my guts out (or WISHING I was puking my guts out- which in my opinion is worse than actually puking), after reacting badly to an antibiotic.

It was a very conflicted feeling. It was interesting to see that number, but not to feel that way.

I felt like my arms and legs have turned into rubber bands. And my brain was going to explode through my forehead. A sinus infection will do that to you.

So even though the NUMBER was low, I still don't feel like I can say I'm "doing it" right now. My PPA/PPD seems to be ok, but my body feels like it's out of wack. Although not feeling up to exercising in weeks hasn't helped! Gah!

But a friend of mine said something the other night that I wanted to relay. This was in reference to scripture study, but I think can be applied to LOTS of things. She said, "Don't be afraid to allow yourself a little victory. Opened the scriptures today and read a verse? Counts! Read a kids scripture story to your kid for bed? Counts!" Meaning we didn't necessarily have to sit and read chapters for hours for it to "count". The same could be said for diet/exercise. Should we try our hardest? YES! BUT, are we not allowing ourselves any victories which is in result just discouraging further progress?

Baby steps!

And now I must take baby steps to feeling strong again. Because I TOTALLY don't right now. Although the number says one thing, my winded feeling going up the stairs says another.

Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails