Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Inspired.

I ran into a dear friend from home today while shopping (at the Wal-Mart in Thatcher), and she'd mentioned how much she loved reading this blog. I felt like a loser for not posting more recently! Things have been crazy and I haven't been getting any sort of feedback so I guess I didn't figure there was any sort of interest really for others to read- So I lost ambition.

But she inspired me to do a slight update.

After our contest (Biggest Loser) ended, Michael and I have continued our weight loss and healthy lifestyle endeavors. I'm now finally under my wedding day weight, although not nearly the BODY SHAPE I had. But I'm content with that considering how I FEEL. I'm aware that my body will never be the same after having my babies, but it is incredibly LIBERATING to finally feel like I am capable of keeping up with other mom's my age. To feel like I can "fly" up or down a flight of stairs.

Honestly, it is incredibly rewarding to see the scale numbers going down into a range you'd never thought possible ever again. HOWEVER, what is the MOST rewarding is seeing and not feeling like I'm 40. And we did it how it should be done. No magic pill, powder, or bar. No extreme diets or cleanses. Good'ol hard exercise and pushing my body to new limits, and eating right. And having the right motivation for it. While working out, in one of the workout videos Jillian Michael's says something about "think about why you're doing this, and keep going. Remind yourself why this is important to you..." and every time, I think about running with my kids in a few years, and keeping up with them. Or running together as a family. I think about running after balls together as we play family sports together. And then I keep going.

And so, dear world, I'm doing it.

Still.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!I know how you feel! I have lost 30 pounds this calendar year. I actually passed my pre-Katie weight by a few pounds and am at a weight I haven't been since right before I started college over 10 years ago. I don't have the same "shape" either, and I have a long way to go to be at the fitness level I want to be, but it feels so good! And I love looking in the mirror and being pleasantly surprised with how I look! No magic pills, just good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, this is too cool. Way to go! And thanks for the inspiration I needed to get back up on that stupid exercise horse. But I will think about how good it will feel to play with my kids. Or not have a 6+ week physical recovery whenever I have my next kid (not an announcement.) :) Love this blog and your honesty. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails