Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reflections.

It's amazing how empowering a change in the reflection in the mirror can be.

As I sat getting ready previously, I looked in the mirror and was suddenly stunned to see somebody staring back at me that I'd missed. A reflection from my "content" days.

Yes, I've lost weight, and yes I worked my butt off to do it. It has been an uphill battle, but I did it! I'm about 5 lbs. shy of my "goal" weight, but so far the 10 I have lost, have been extremely empowering. Not only for my self-confidence and overall feelings of self-contentment, but for my overall feelings toward life.

It's not about the numbers on the scale for me. It's more about seeing somebody I recognize in the mirror, and being HAPPY to see them! Instead of seeing somebody in the mirror I was trying to figure out how to hide. It's about actually accomplishing the goal I'd originally set out to accomplish! It's about the satisfaction of knowing I'm a strong woman, and if I put my mind to something, I can do it!

In a few days we'll have our final weigh in for our Biggest Loser contest, and then I'll post some before/after shots and give a run-down on how we've done it.

But for now, just know: If I can do it, YOU can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I know how you feel. 9 days ago (but who's counting?) I achieved my pre-pregnancy weight, through healthy, sustainable (albeit relatively slow) means. It feels so good to see me again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails