Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pure GENIUS!: Smoothie

Ok party people, THIS has to be one of my BEST ideas YET. It is a little time consuming in the beginning, but now I have breakfasts for a LONG time and so I'll be saving myself time in the chaos of the mornings and making sure everybody gets a good breakfast at the same time. I've been busy making waffles, muffins, and smoothies. Here's how I've been doing my 'pre-made' smoothies:


This is how I label my bags BEFORE putting the stuff in.
I later went back and added how much ice and a warning to not let Bug drink it because there's honey in it.


This particular smoothie called for honey and pomegranate juice to be whisked together-


Enter my "lovely assistant" do shake it up and do my version of whisking them together.

This is the juice and yogurt together- I just wanted to show that I don't blend any of it together at all. Just put all the ingredients in the bag. I later added some berries to this particular smoothie.

TA-DUM!!!  Now when we want a smoothie in the morning, just run some hot water around it for a few seconds, plop the whole frozen mass in the blender, and add water. BLAM! TASTY, QUICK, HEALTHY, BREAKFAST!

Leave it to my "lovely assistant" to get my "best" side...This was a post-breakfast project while Bug was napping, so please excuse my Care Bear p.j.'s ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of having breakfast ready in the freezer! I wish we had a big freezer to fit it all in! Someday . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails