Crafty Creations

Welcome to "Dear World, I can do this." The musings of a housewife, student wife, Latter-day Saint, and individual (*GASP!* we can have an identity after marriage and motherhood?!!) . A place where we can talk about those things we always want to share with the world - A place to discuss great eats, share stories and other great tips, and enjoy successes. This is all about giving myself, and others, a VOICE.

Friday, November 5, 2010

OH BABY!!! That's SMOOOOOTH!!

Bug drinking her smoothie-Not to be bugged to smile. I TRIED!

Ok, this is EXACTLY why I created this blog. To share things that I'm totally STOKED about, but can't really go and tell everyone tactfully in normal conversations. Things that I can't WAIT to share.

So my Bug (10 mos.) has some issues with "green" foods. Basically most vegetables. And she's also starting to get finicky about other finger foods. Solution?

Disclaimer: Please don't do this if you aren't sure if your baby is old enough for any of the ingredients.
BERRY BABY SMOOTHIE!
1/4 c. strawberry banana V8 Fusion (enter some vegetables!- For those of you keeping meticulous track of your kids juice intake, that's 2 oz.)
1/4 c. frozen blueberries
1/4 banana (which she'll NEVER eat)
4 fresh strawberries
6 oz. yogurt (I used the thick'n creamy one because she needs the fats, but also used some Great Value vanilla)
Handful of fresh spinach (YES! SPINACH! MORE VEGETABLES!!)
Handful of ice

Blend until smooth as possible (it does have to go through a sippy).

I would be lying if I didn't say I was TOTALLY stoked about this solution. Plus, it's MUCH cleaner than the food she chucks on my floor. The added bonus is that big brother Mr. G loves it too. YESSSS!

UPDATE: I should mention, that after a little while I moved Bug out of her highchair with her sippy because she seemed to be getting bored. Next thing I know the two of them are fighting over her sippy cup in the front room. He had it, and she wanted it back! "G, you need to give Bug her smoothie back..." "But mine's ALL GONE!!"

2 comments:

  1. Nice!! Thank you for the great idea. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby smoothie recipe is genius! So smart and awesome. Good thinking. I love the idea of putting the smoothie mixes in the freezer, too. You are really doing great at all this! Congrats on losing 9 lbs--that's not easy to do, especially with two kids. Sounds like you are kicking trash and taking names--goodonya!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails